We boast over 300 member companies representing all facets of the area's home building industry – from builders and remodelers to bankers, realtors and suppliers. Founded in 1951, our core mission has remained unchanged: To be the collective voice of the area's housing industry, while supporting members through education and advocating for unparalleled professionalism.
The HOME SHOW, which also began in 1951, helped the HBA quickly become an integral part of the community fabric. Nearly six decades later, the HOME SHOW continues to showcase cutting edge technology and trends in home design, all with a festive family atmosphere each spring at Verizon Arena (formerly Alltel Arena). In addition to the SHOW, the HBA has assisted numerous local charities through the years. Some of our most recent projects include:
Led by a board of 30 of the area's most proficient industry experts, the association strives to keep Central Arkansas' housing industry healthy. It does this through a variety of means, including:
- Government Affairs – Educating area leaders on the importance of housing to our local economies; fighting impact fees; and encouraging reasonable permitting fees.
- Education – Hosting monthly seminars to help members sharpen their proverbial saws.
- Green Building – Promoting sustainable development and building techniques.
- Tracking Permit Data – Keeping a close eye on growth within our community.
- And much, much more!
For more information on the association, please contact us here.
From education opportunities to training and other programs offered by the Local, State and National HBAs, I’ve found my investment to have been invaluable. As a member, I also have a voice in political issues that affect our building industry through HOMEPAC, our Political Action Committee. If you’re not a member or, just not actively involved, you’re missing out.
- Bob Copeland, Royal Overhead Door (member since 1971)
Our membership directory and buyers guide is one of the first places builder members go to find qualified sub-contractors. As our industry comes out of this slow building period, builders will undoubtedly go to the directory to seek out contractors to perform much needed work. The best way to set yourself up for new jobs is being a member of the HBA.
- Ron Harris, Summerwood, Inc. (members since 2001)
The monthly seminars cover a variety of subjects essential to our industry. Although there are many wonderful benefits to being a member, I think that the value of our education seminars alone is more than worth the cost of membership dues.
- Don Lucy, Deltic Timber (member since 1986)
Our company is proud to be part of an organization that so strongly supports our industry. Not only do we have the opportunity to network and meet new friends at events…but we also have a great time doing so!
- Kelly Watson, Whit Davis Lumber Plus (member since 2002)
I joined the GREEN BUILT® Program because I wanted to be involved in the first association-based green building program in the state. I really believe green building will be mainstream in the next five years, and I want to make sure I’m on the front end for both my business and my customers.
- Keith Wingfield, River Rock Builders (member since 2000)